Did you know that mouth jewelry can be very dangerous to your teeth and overall oral health? Mouth jewelry can damage your teeth and lead to painful consequences that can be avoided. In fact, many people struggle with the damage that has been caused by oral jewelry. Our dentist, Dr. Haslam with College Hill Dental Group in Corvallis, Oregon, cares about your smile and is happy to help you avoid these dangers to your oral health caused by mouth jewelry.
Here are a few reasons why mouth jewelry is dangerous to your oral health:
– Mouth jewelry can lead to serious infections, pain and swelling.
– To prevent damage to your teeth or restorations that you may have, avoid wearing mouth jewelry.
– If you have any hypersensitivity or allergies to plastic and metal, inflammation and other issues could occur due to allergic reactions from the presence of mouth jewelry.
– When a tongue ring is in place, it could lead to oral inflammation which will cause your tongue to swell and close off your airway.
– The components in mouth jewelry can fracture and split your teeth.
– Cleaning your mouth can often be a difficult task if you wear mouth jewelry.
– To help lower your risk for nerve damage, avoid the use of tongue rings.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to come in and discuss any damage you have to your teeth, please call us today at 541-753-8365 to set up a consultation with our friendly dental team. We are always happy to help you on the path to good oral health.