Are you interested in having a strong and healthy smile as you age? If so, you’re not alone. Many people are afraid of losing their teeth and having a poor oral health. The good news is that there are things you can do to maintain a top-notch smile, and our dentist, Dr. Haslam, is happy to tell you all about them!
– Visit College Hill Dental Group every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. This is very important.
– Keep up on oral hygiene by brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and rinsing daily.
– As you clean your smile, use a soft-bristled toothbrush, fluoride toothpaste, dental floss, and antibacterial or fluoride mouthwash. Make sure each product has been approved by the American Dental Association.
– Try to cut back on sugar consumption, like candy and soda. It’s also important to avoid acidic foods and drinks. Instead, have more tooth-healthy foods, like fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.
– Don’t use any type of tobacco product. Tobacco increases your risk of having major dental and health issues, like oral cancer, heart disease, gum disease, tooth loss, and more.
– If you take medications for a health condition, ask your doctor if you can use a medication that doesn’t cause dry mouth. Dry mouth is a dental issue that promotes tooth decay and bad breath.
To learn more about oral care for seniors in Corvallis, Oregon, please contact College Hill Dental Group today and talk to a member of our dental team. All you need to do is dial 541-753-8365 and we will be happy to give you the information and answers you’re looking for!