No matter your age, it is possible to ensure that your teeth will remain strong for every new season that comes around. Warm summer smiles can last for all ages if you practice great oral hygiene techniques. Here are a few tips about keeping your teeth strong as you age:
– The best type of floss is typically shred-resistant floss that will not tear when you use it.
– Always floss your teeth at least once per day for 2-3 minutes per session, hitting all areas between all of your teeth, including the back teeth.
– Negative habits such as chewing tobacco, smoking, and using drugs can all have serious consequences on your oral health, which only get worse with age.
– If manual brushing is difficult, switch to brushing with an electric brush.
– Make sure to brush your teeth with a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
– Always brush your teeth no less than twice per day for 2-3 minutes per session.
– Make sure to attend your professional cleanings twice per year with your dentist, and if you have any other issues, schedule regular checkups to ensure your oral health remains in optimum condition.
– Don’t bite into hard and tough foods that can easily chip and crack your teeth.
– All teeth and tooth replacements should be cleaned, including any dental work you may have had done, including soaking your dentures in a cleaning solution each night.
If you suffer from a poor oral health, contact College Hill Dental Group at 541-753-8365 to see if an professional cleaning is right for you. To schedule an oral examination with Dr. Haslam and our team at our dentist office in Corvallis, Oregon, please contact us at your earliest convenience. We look forward to improving your smile.